I'm not sure but figure out what shell is being used to run that script, and
turn on tracing.  (For bash, that would be "sh -x ./db2setup")  That will
give you some idea as to what it's checking to see if DB2 is running or not
(probably some .pid file).  Then rm that file and try it again.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve
Gentry
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 5:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: db2 install problem

My first attempt to install db2 7.2 had a problem and it ended abruptly.
Susbseqent attempts to do a  ./db2setup gives me the following message:

I did a  ps -ef to see what was running and I don't see anything db2
related.  Also the file .db2inst.lck is not in /tmp
How do I terminate the instance(s) of the DB2 installer?
Thanks,
Steve Gentry
Lafayette Life Ins. Co.