Neale, I guess I don't yet understand sysfs and all
that.  I have a 3390 device, say 5700, at /dev/dasdb,
I would rather use the subchannel address. What would
I have to set up to issue the command:

mount -t reiserfs /dev/dasd/0.0.5700/disc/part1
/mnt/test ???

I get the message

"mount: special device /dev/dasd/0.0.5700/part1 does
not exist"

/etc/udev/udev.rules seems to know about s/390 DASD
and partitions. Do I have to invoke udev? What would
the command look like? Or do I invoke hotplug? Where
would I expect to find the device in /dev? There does
not seem to be a /dev/dasd direcotry.

=====
Jim Sibley
RHCT, Implementor of Linux on zSeries

"Computer are useless.They can only give answers." Pablo Picasso