Hi,
We have over this last week eventually managed to install Oracle 9i under
SLES8 (31 bit)  which is running under VM 4.4
to evaluate.  One of the main issues we encountered was the Oracle
installer just seemed to go to sleep and appeared to
be a VM resource issue. The VM machine userid was defined with 1024M of
storage and at the time the swap disk
was defined as a V-DISK 60000 blks.  After some investigation I defined in
the vm machine userid OPTION QUICKDSP
which resolved the issue of the installer going to sleep. The size of the
swap disk turns out to be about 30m using the linux
"free" cmd which we thought was too small to say the least. Looking at the
VM manual it appears that you can set the
V-DISK size up to 4194296 blocks but I cannot get any where near that size.
The max I seem to be able to define is
"MDISK 203 FB-512 V-DISK 1900000 WV".   Has anyone got any comments on what
would be a reasonable size for
memory / swap allocation for running Oracle 9i ?   Our DBA's would like to
create a production sized database to
stress test to see how it performs etc as they only have used Oracle on an
intel platform.

Thanks in advance....

Graeme