Can somebody theow some light on this zAAP processor ?

Franz Josef Pohlen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

05/14/04 07:37 PM

Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
Subject
Re: Websphere on Linux

Hi,

the zAAP processor will only work with zos 1.6 and above, - nothing else .,
coming in september, I believe. The problem is that even IBMers ask
themselves, which customer will need this. IBM has told everyone to
consolidate his applications on zlinux using its really good internet
capabilities. They have developed dozens of connectors to the data
components on zos (DB2, CICS, IMS etc) Now they tell them to run websphere
applications on zos with zAAPs. I would prefer zlinux on IFLs using
hipersockets for communication to zos, because I think linux is the better
unix than USS on zos and will get even better in future development of hard-
and software.

FJ