Below are the instructions for setting up an SLES7 instance to download
patches from an internal server.  You may have to re-edit the .ycp files if
a new version of online-update is installed.  The editing of the .ycp files
is to stop online update from asking you for the support info.  Hope this
helps someone out there.

Manually install the two packages:
yast2-core-pkginfo.rpm
yast2-config-online-update.rpm

Run the following to edit the file /etc/suseservers and replace it's
contents:

echo "http://upateserver.yourdomain.com/download"; > /etc/suseservers

Edit the file /etc/rc.config and change the following lines (They may not be
located next to each other):

CHECK_ETC_HOSTS="no"
YAST2_LOADFTPSERVER="no"

Edit the file /var/lib/YaST/update.inf and add the following lines after the
comments:

Product_Name: SuSE-SLES
Product_Version: 7

Edit the file /usr/lib/YaST2/clients/online_update.ycp and change lines 336
and 337 to read:

boolean success = true;
boolean go_on = false;

Edit the file /usr/lib/YaST2/clients/online_update_start.ycp and change line
100:

if ( (reloadServer != "no")

Now start the online update program by typing:

yast2 online_update

You should see updateserver.yourdomain.com as the source, now follow the
prompts to install the patches and updates.