Like John, I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, but take a look at
this and see if it helps:
linuxvm.org/Info/HOWTOs/3270.html

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter
E. Abresch Jr. - at Pepco
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 10:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Linux Consoles?

We are running SuSE Linux SLES 8.1 SP03 in a native LPAR. We are a z/OS shop
with z/OS System Programmers and Computer Operators performing double duty
with Linux.

We do not have VM. VM and maybe even an IFL might be in our future if we can
prove Linux.

We are ready to roll Linux into a production status. We do not have 3174
Controllers on our Linux LPAR. We have been using the HMC console facility
remotely.

We do not wish for the Computer Operators to use the HMC but wish for the
Computer Operators to monitor the consoles in case of problems.

How do people have Computer Operators monitor their Linux System? What
non-expensive (free) console facilities are available to us under Linux? Is
there any way we can use VNC to provide a console? Any and all suggestions
are welcomed.

As always, thanks in advance.

Peter

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit