> List Linux Guests
> Show Total CPU used %
> Show Total Memory used   (Real/Paging)
> Show CPU Usage of a Linux Guest
> Show Memory Usage of a Linux Guest
> Show All Disks
> Show Disk I/O rate for a given Disk

IMHO, there's two problems here: capacity planning for real resources
(ie making sure you have enough real horsepower to deliver to the
virtualized Linux guests), and monitoring how Linux uses the resources
it's given.

If you want information about VM resource utilization only, the VM
Performance Toolkit will supply the real resource utilization
information pretty well, and it's fairly easy to learn to use. PerfKit
can also take data from Linux guests, but as others have observed, the
usefulness of some of that data is limited.

Nagios, BB, MRTG and friends can show you some information about how
Linux is allocating the resources it gets internally, but it won't show
you much about real resource utilization. The VM SNMPD doesn't really
have enough information available to be useful.

ESALPS makes a pretty good matchup between the two problems. There are a
couple of things I'd like to see done differently in it, but hey, I'm
not the author.

PerfKit's pretty reasonable for basic capacity planning. Depends on your
budget and what you need worst.

-- db