> How much memory do you currently have defined to the guest, and how much
> real memory is available on the system?

zVM: 8 GB + 4 GB Exp.

There are two guests with the described problem:

guest1# free -m
Mem:           995        987          8          0         58        349
-/+ buffers/cache:        578        416
Swap:         2047        416       1631

guest2# free -m
Mem:           995        985          9          0         57        334
-/+ buffers/cache:        593        402
Swap:         2047        281       1766

All other guests with less workload don't have this problem.

> If you drastically reduce its memory
> allocation, things will move much better.
I often read this hint on the mailinglist to reduce memory, but what if the
application (SAP) needs it? Two days ago my guest2 got stuck because mem and
swap was 100% used and it began to kill processes to free memory. I thought
I have to add mem and swap...

And: it doesn't get stuck. It's alive. I only cannot do any networking with
it.

Difficult :-\

Regards,
Sebastian