Perfectly, for a non mainframe world that has no concept of LRECL and
BLKSIZE

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 1:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Bash script question

The variable is valued using the following statement

read _PRINTQ _PRTENBL _PRTURI _PRTDESC _BLDING _LOCDESC _PPDLOC
_PAGESIZE

The \r is not apart of the file being read.  The file read has 8 fields
and
PAGESIZE is the last one.  It seems to be that \r is a part of the
carriage
return / line-feed.  As a work around, I appended another field to each
record and I don't see the \r when I debug the script.  It is now
working as
expected.

Does this make sense?

Also, if I simply echo $_PAGESIZE is does not display the \r