Hi All,
I am urgently hoping that you can help me out.  I am working with SLES 8 on
a z800 and attempted to perform an Online Update via YaST2 on the Linux LPAR
and now it no longer boots.

The config is as follows:
z800
LPAR allocated for the Linux partition
2 3390 CKD devices have been allocated for boot and swap

I successfully performed the installation to the LPAR and was running
v2.4.19-3suse-SMP kernel.  I then ran the Online Update via YaST2.
The Online Update required that the YOU RPM be updated first.  I updated
this RPM first, then logged out of YaST2 and logged back in.
I then reran the Online Update and updated the to v2.4.21-215 the other week
and to v2.4.21-231 today.
In both cases, when I went back to the HMC and tried to activate the LPAR,
the Linux partition fails to boot.  The last time I ended up starting from
scratch and reinstalling....

The error reported is as follows:
Incorrect program status word loop
Hardware Messages --> Problem Analysis--> Problem Description:
EAn error was detected in partition <LINUX>.  Central processor (CP) 00 is
looping due to switching between program status words (PSWs) that are not
valid.  The program status word (PSW) is 0000000000000000.

How would you recommend that I fix this problem so that I don't have to
reinstall?   I had tried to use the installation CD to boot into the
existing installation, but it wasn't able to recover the installation....are
there certain steps I should follow?  If so, what are they?
Thanks for your help.
Heather