they are on my vm a disk..

-----Original Message-----
From:   David Boyes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Mon 7/26/2004 8:58 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: mp2003
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 03:35:10PM -0500, Noll, Ralph wrote:
> Ok.. I used vm to transfer the 3 files to vm rdr..
> Ran the rexx exec to write to tape
> Ipl'ed the mp2003 and now I get a disabled wait..
> Like the tape is not what it is expecting....

For the exec to succeed as written, the files need to be on disk, not
in the VM spool space.

The FILEDEF commands in the exec are the equivalent of VSE logical name
assignments. As written, they point to disk files, not spool
files. MOVEFILE is equivalent to IEBGENR - all it does is read from
input, write to output, repeat until EOF on the input file.

-- db