It is with a great deal of sadness coupled with excitement at the coming
challenges
that I have to say farewell to the world of the mainframe and systems
programming.

Effective Monday 8/2 I will no longer be a Systems Programmer working with
z/OS,
z/VM or Linux, but will be moving into the dark side as a Manager in our
messaging
and collaboration group (Lotus Notes, Proofpoint, Sendmail, ...).

I will be keeping my TSO userid as long as they allow me to and when that
fails I have
been given access to a Flex system with z/OS so that I can continue to
play with the
tools and toys that have provided a wonderful sanity release over the
years.

I will keep my website up and running and will continue to provide
assistance to those
asking questions about my tools but would request that those requests,
questions,
problems, be asked in the forums on my website. The forums can be found
at:

              http://www.lbdsoftware.com/forum/

This is because I will not have as much time to deal with the issues and
this provides
a vehicle for greater self-help.

The bottom line is that the tools/toys (e.g. xmitip) are not stabilized
but will continue
to be supported and enhanced - just not to the same degree as in the past.

Lionel B. Dyck, Systems Software Lead <><
Kaiser Permanente Information Technology
25 N. Via Monte Ave
Walnut Creek, Ca 94598

Phone:   (925) 926-5332 (tie line 8/473-5332)
E-Mail:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sametime: (use Lotus Notes address)
AIM:        lbdyck

Notice:  This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
of this message, or taking of any action based upon it is strictly
prohibited.