Hi gang.............

I'm running Suse on an lpar on a MP3K H30.  I need to back this thing up
and I think I'm having some kind of senior moment.

I'm trying amanda but that's kind of different to set up and seems to be a
bit much for my purposes.  I'd really just like an image backup using tar
but I keep erroring out, I think when it fills the tape.

My tar command is:  tar cvf /dev/ntibm0 /

I'm trying to backup the whole planet.  Do any of you see an error in my
tar command or is there a better utility (preferably a freebee)?

I have a new appreciation for DDR.

Thanks for any help.............

Andrew Engels, CPIM                www.grtlks.com
Great Lakes Consulting, Inc.      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(773) 205-1431
Chicago, IL             Where the sky was first
scraped

Support SAGGROUP International in your local region:  <http://www.saggroup.org>

Watch for the next NATURAL Conference:   www.naturalconference.com

Catch the WAVV! www.wavv.org