Thank you for your responses.

I do not want to slowly trim the virtual storage even though there is no
swapping going on.  We are at 384MB and this is a productive system. To
make a change, schedule a reboot, test and repeat is difficult.  If it were
a paging issue the first ping of a stream of pings (ping --c 20 <system
name>) would be the long one and each following ping would be short. That
is not the case.  Also tcpdump-qeth shows short times, so the system is
responding fine.  It is somewhere between where tcpdump-qeth looks and the
GLAN.

We do have the high ADP count that Sal suggested that we look at.  We have
a hypersocket LAN and are going to real hypersockets, so converting to a
QDIO LAN is not an option.

I will keep looking.  If anyone thinks of anything, let me know,

Thanks all,

   _/)                  Tom Shilson
~~~~~            GEDW & VM System Services
Aloha               Tel:  651-733-7591       tshilson at mmm dot com
                           Fax:  651-736-7689