From what i remember about my Tivoli Classes GSKit is OpenSSL, IBM just made their own
one off version of it.
-Cameron

-----Original Message-----
From: Kohrs, Steven [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 12:17
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: iPlanet

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 12:57, Post, Mark K wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, that is built on top of OpenLDAP, similar to the
> way
> IBM HTTP Server is built on top of Apache.

I thought IBM Directory Server (IDS) was a front-end for a read
optimized DB2.  We use it, but I'd like to not use it based solely on
the fact that it uses IBM's GSKit for SSL support.  Back in January, a
VeriSign signer certificate expired.  We lost LDAP capabilities for
almost a week while IBM scurried to release a patch for the GSKit.

The question I could never get answered is: what is so bad about OpenSSL
that IBM felt obligated to write their own solution?

We're tied to the WebSphere 5.1 support matrix.  Is OpenLdap a supported
LDAP server?  I can't find the URL for that matrix when I need it the
most.

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and
destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Thank you.   A2