This is running on an 9672-R36. LPAR is 288 Meg.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ihno Krumreich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 4:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SLES9

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 01:23:20PM -0500, Barber, Rick wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed SLES9 for S/390 (31-bit) in an LPAR
> (no VM)?
>
>  We are trying, but having the following problem.
>
>         Install begins normally - We created an IPL tape from the
> distribution CD.
>         IPL'ed the tape successfully - Entered our network data.
>         Chose the NFS install path and successfully connected to the
> CD drive (on a Sun UNIX box, if it matters).
>         Loaded the install system OK  - Chose the SSH install option
> and used PuTTY to connect to the install system.
>         Started the YaST install program and chose US English as the
> language.
>         YaST then "probes and detects" all DASD attached to the LPAR.
>         Filtered the resulting list to the drive(s) we intend to use
> (3390 mod 3s on EMC Symmetrix).
>         Chose the "Perform Action - Activate" selection - YaST goes
> away and never returns.
>
>         The last line in y2log shows - Running Command
> /sbin/dasd_configure 0.0.8d30 1 0 (8d30 is the DASD address)
>
> After logging on to a second session, we can see that the script
> "/sbin/dasd_configure" has been started by YaST and is in turn issuing
> the command "modprobe -q cpint" which is hanging.

Strange. That should of course not happen.

Can you please give more information about the machine you are using?

A workaround would be to edit /sbin/dasd_configure .
Search for cpint and comment out the line with the modprobe.

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihno Krumreich

"Never trust a computer you can lift."
--
Ihno Krumreich            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SuSE Linux AG             Projectmanager S390 & zSeries

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to [EMAIL
PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit