Hi. We are new to Linux and trying to move workload from a DOS
pc to a Linux lpar on a MP3000. I created a /home directory and a user,
copied (via binary ftp) a .exe to this linux directory. I could not
execute it so I did a chmod 111 on the file. On a tera term session I
type /home/richl/RLBL253.EXE and press enter and receive message
bash: /home/richl/RLBL253.EXE: cannot execute binary file

        I then did a google search on the message where I read someone
suggesting using ldd. So I tried executing the command ldd
/home/richl/RLBL253.EXE and receive message
        not a dynamic executable

        I have been researching this and I am not sure where to go from
here or even if this is the correct forum. Has anyone moved a DOS
workload to Linux on s/390 and if so what are the proper steps for
accomplishing this?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

Zoltan