Does the divice show up in your chandev

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Mike Lovins
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 09:10
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: HiperSocket setup

I have configured my Linux running on my IBM Z800 to use HiperSocket to my z/VM
machine. The VM machine apears to be configured correctly and the hardward
configuration apears to be configured correctly. When I boot my Linux system I get the
following messages on the console --

 qeth: Trying to use card with devno 0xff04/0ff05/0ff06
 qeth: Device 0xff04/0xff05/0xff06 is a HiperSockets card (level D3GF) with link type
magic (no portname needed by Interface)
 qeth: VLAN not supportd on hsi1
 qeth: IPv6 not supportd on hsi1
 qeth: Broadcasting not supported

I have tryed to PING the VM system IP address from my Linux system but there is no
response. Has anyone had this problem using HiperSockets and if so what did you do to
resolve the problem.

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and
destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Thank you.   A2