Richard Troth wrote:

[snip]

Mark,  you might want to make a note of this and get back with
the rest of the Slack team.   Richard H.,  I haven't looked at
the 3270 console code,  but are you okay with 5,1?   It is the
current choice for /dev/console,  per the kernel doc.

-- R;

Hi, Richard et al

Major/minor 5,1 for /dev/console seems okay, but I'd be surprised if you
are able to use /dev/tty with that; I bet "echo foo > /dev/tty" fails.
To run ned nevertheless on a 3270 console, use the undocumented -T
option.  For instance, if your console's at 0009, use "ned -T
/dev/3270/tub0009".  Ordinarily ned uses /dev/3270/tub, the full-screen
analogue of /dev/tty.

handy hint --> Note that, unlike vi, ned can be used at the end of a
pipe:  "ps -ef | ned -T /dev/3270/tub0009".  <-- handy hint

Richard Hitt   [EMAIL PROTECTED]