On Nov 16, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Lee Stewart wrote:
And yes, they have dasda->dasdz->dasdaa->dasdal in production.  Now
adding
5 more volumes (dasdam->dasdaq).  They did the mknode's and we can see
the
/dev/dasda* entries in the /dev directory.  They did the add device
into
/proc/dasd/devices, and they can see them there with the minidisk
addresses
matching the expected dasda* names.

Any thoughts?

This may sound stupid, but I have, on occasion, had Linux refuse to
touch virgin DASD.  You may need to INIT or CPVOL ALLOC it in ICKDSF
first, or--what I've always done--just CMS FORMAT it.  Try CMS
FORMATting it and see if the error magically goes away when Linux tries
to write it.

Adam