On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:43:15 -0500, Post, Mark K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One thing you're "missing" is that by using that export DISPLAY command,
> you're not using the SSH tunnel, and losing the value of the encryption that
> SSH provides.

And you might want to look into the client configuration that tells
which symmetric encryption algorithms to try first with the host. I
found that the default 3des is burning much more CPU than Blowfish.

For one of my presentations I compared SuSE install with and without a
GUI. The conclusion was that the extra resources used to install with
GUI were worth several months of running an idle server. And these
resources are taken off your production capacity, probably during
office hours.

--
Rob van der Heij                  rvdheij @ gmail.com