From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Graeme Westerman NFU Mutual Insurance
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 3:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Adding an additional volume using LVM

>Did you also extend the filesystem? For SLES8, if you are using ReiserFS,
you can do this while the filesystem is >mounted with resize_reiserfs.

>Cheers,
>Wayne

Hi Wayne, thanks for the pointer it was the 1 bit I had missed out.
We are using ext3 for the fs so I had to do a;
umount /dev/system/samba
e2fsck -f /dev/system/samba
resize2fs -p /dev/system/samba

which has resolved the problem. In fact what this did highlight to me
was the issue of umounting the lvm. Everytime I was issuing the umount
/dev/system/samba
I received an error msg "device busy". Fortunately I knew which other linux
servers had
the share mounted (via nfs) and closed down that service to be able to
umount it.
How would I be able to assertain what servers had the share(s) attached ?

Graeme