On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:52:31 -0500, Post, Mark K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> some people don't yet have enough backing from management to do that.  Too
> many people keep hearing that Linux is free (instead of Free), and they
> don't understand why it gets so expensive.  Of course, doing things the

Sure... Want to know how much time I wasted last month trying to look
into a performance issue with a customer where I did not have the
proper tools to do so? That time was probably worth a year's contract
for the right tools. But sometimes you cannot get it done the way you
like it.

It is just so sad to see a proof of concept fail just because they did
not get the right tools and people to fix the default tuning
parameters.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij                  rvdheij @ gmail.com