Our current workload consists of a dozen Linux Oracle servers in a 1-cpu LPAR.
CPU usage stays around 50% with very occasional spikes to 100%. I feel we have
good resource allocation for these servers via SHARE REL. Default MAX is NOLIMIT
and my question is whether LIMITSOFT would be of any benefit. Documentation I
have read so far indicate that CPU will be limited unless unused resources are
available, which seems to be the same as NOLIMIT, where other servers are
getting
their allocated minimums satisfied first. I'm sure its more involved - can
anyone
expand on this?

Ray Mrohs
Energy Information Administration