<snip>

> Now a VMware Virtual Center (with V-Motion) example:  I have
> to update my
> 4-way xSeries 445 to an 8-way, which requires the same type
> of hardware
> outage.  And I have multiple VMware boxes in the shop, all controlled
> by  Virtual Center.  I can migrate the running Windows or
> Linux servers off
> the box I need to update, onto various other boxes while the update is
> being done, then back to the updated server -- all without
> ever taking the
> servers down.  No outage from the customer or application point of
> view.  All assuming you have the processor and memory
> capacity available to
> hold the workload on the other machines.  (Keep in mind if
> you're running
> say 6 servers, those 6 could be moved to 6 different servers
> to spread the
> load.)

How long does this take? Is there any slow down noticable during the
migration?

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.