Think also what this means for *desktop* systems. Assume reasonable
network bandwidth between client and "processor pool", and think about
how many desktop HW upgrades you could save by running "rdesktop" and
Linux on the physical machines on the desktop and doing the XP upgrade
into virtual machines...8-). The savings numbers run into the 5 and 6
digits incredibly rapidly.

We have some clients doing this with a couple of critical apps. It also
does some really interesting things with software licensing numbers.