Hi all,

I am running SuSE 8.1 SP3, recently patched. I have a VDISK that I want to
use as swap. It was created with MKSWAP and SWAPGEN. The dasd (/dev/dasda1)
is listed on the zIPL DASD= statement. It is listed in /etc/fstab. After
the system comes up, all I have to do to get it to work is to  " modprobe
disk_diag_mod " and " swapon -a ".  I have gotten around it temporarily by
adding " modprobe dasd_disk_mod " to the /etc/init.d/boot.swap file.

I see in the .config file that the DIAG module is specified as " M ". Do I
need to rebuild the kernel and make DIAG = " Y "? I am using initrd.

I am running on zVM 4.4 on a z990.

Thanks,

tom
Toto, I have a feeling we're not in the mainframe world any more.
   _/)                  Tom Shilson
~~~~~            GEDW & VM System Services
Aloha               Tel:  651-733-7591       tshilson at mmm dot com
                           Fax:  651-736-7689