I have a fibre card in my server that attaches to a 2109 switch that
attaches to the shark..

See attached diagram...

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Altmark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 3:59 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Another question..

On Monday, 01/03/2005 at 12:13 CST, "Noll, Ralph"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How do I get access to the shark from the x86.. On windows I just map
> a drive To the shark.. I have an internal 90gb hard drive on my
> windows box but I want to map a 300gb drive on the shark... No
> problem...... How do I do the same thing with linux on x86

First you have to attach a server to the Shark.  If you're currently
using zSeries ESCON/FICON, then you'll need a SCSI adapter on the Shark
and reconfigure the drives to be on the SCSI adapter (blowing away any
data on them).  The server would use the Subsystem Device Driver (SDD)
to access the Shark and serve the data in whatever way you see fit.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390