From: Tom Duerbusch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 8:34 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Suse 9.0 installation

This is a very narrow focus question....don't want to get on any other
topics.

Has anyone, installed Suse 9.0, from the evaluation CDs, via Windows SMB?
My responses noted.

1.  What hardware platform?  ( VM)
2.  What IP method (IUCV)
3.  What PC operating system used (Windows 2000)
4.  How did you do the MD5SUM function under Windows? (didn't)

Over the last 2 months, I've tried installing Suse 9.0, under VM, with SMB
using an IUCV connection and kept hitting a wall.  Logs sent to Suse showed
that they did something wrong.  (Like they didn't bother to test the
installation using real CDs.)

We are about ready to throw in the towel on Suse 9.0 as not being ready for
prime time and stay on Suse 8.0 (despite some venders telling us that they
perfer Suse 9.0).

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit