Tom,

I've installed both SLES 8 and SLES 9 (64 bit) under z/VM 5.1.0.  I had
lots of problems, but most were due to my inexperience with Linux.  Actually
installing the files was not a problem, though.  I used an FTP server on
my Windows XP system named GuildFTP (a successor to War, I gather).  I just
found it out on Google and installed it.  It took a bit of work to get the
configuration to match what Suse wanted.  However, once I did, that
part of the install works fine.  Installing other products from the CD's has
been tricky.  SLES 8 gives me more trouble than SLES 9.  However, the problem
isn't with the FTP server, but with the way the CDs are organized.

Martha