For anyone that cares... if I directly specify the daily.cvd file, clamscan
works. This command, clamscan -r -d /var/lib/clamav/daily.cvd / works, so I
may have a bug or issue to report to the clam AV people.

             Adam Thornton
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             mine.net>                                                  To
             Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: clam antivirus - Clamscan
                                       fails, clamdscan works (if clamd
             01/19/2005 08:10          running, of course)
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

On Jan 19, 2005, at 9:46 AM, James Melin wrote:

> Anyone in here using clam AV in production?
>
> I get the error:
>
> LibClamAV Error: cl_loaddb(): Can't open file ¸WÍ!´>Í!2íL/daily.cvd
>
> when I try to run clamscan.  Path is corrupted somehow? - don't know
> where.

That does NOT look good (we are using ClamAV, under the control of
Amavis, rather than clamd).

I would recommend going to single-user mode and running fsck
IMMEDIATELY, and then perhaps reinstalling clamscan.  Something has got
that filename badly badly hosed and I suspect disk corruption.

Adam