> I've never heard of this group before, and I just got an email
> from Prof. Belkis Snchez, of the "Organizing Committee of The
> International Symposium on Free/Open Source Software,
> Technologies and Content (FOSSTEC '05)" soliciting a paper. Has
> anyone heard of them? Are they a legit organization? They must
> not have much of a budget. The symposium is scheduled for
> Florida in the middle of July. Yikes!!

I have never heard of them either, but I got one of these notes.
It was addressed to "Dr. James Elliot" (nice, but I only went to
college!). I noticed that the web site for this event is running
on Windows with an IIS server, which does not show much of a
comittment to Open Source! They say they had 700 in attendance
last year, but that may have been for the full conference of
which is this is just a part. I replied back to the note right
away asking for more info, with no response to date. Not that I
plan to go or present, as others have said July in Orlando is NOT
a place I want to be.

Jim