> On Wednesday, 02/02/2005 at 08:07 CST, Dave Jones
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I apologize for wording my request poorly. What I'm really after is
> > the task or process structure and how to locate the "task list" in
> > memory.....

Somehow I suspect a TRACK add-on in progress....

> For 64-bit and 31-bit?  I think peeking into Linux control
> blocks is a Bad
> Idea.  It will be a never-ending battle to be able to find all the
> pointers, and to detect the layout of the control blocks.

Some of the code in ksymoops might help here, although as you say, it's
a moving target and probably more effort than it's worth.

ksymoops has a lot of the important structures defined, and would at
least give you a starting point for figuring out what ended up where.
You'd then need to figure out where the stack started, and start walking
frames from there.

You should also look at the kernel header files (different from the
normal /usr/include). They have a lot of the kernel private structures
defined, which you'd need to interpret the process table layout, etc.