Michael MacIsaac

Not sure I know how to set up the parm file. Do you have any notes on
this?

Thank you!

> Warning: The gateway address 10.131.150.254 did not ping.

I may know this one - we have seen it here in POK. If it's the same
issue it is always during a SLES install and it is preceeded by the
message:

HCPIPN2833E IP address is already registered.

The guys who dug into this believe there may be a bug in the OSA card
and we still don't have a fix.  It may have to do with a race condition
and thus is intermittent.

The way we work around it is to keep trying.  Set up a PARMFILE with all
the appropriate networking variables set, if you don't have one already
(it will save you a lot of typing). When you hit the error, just do a
"#CP IPL 00C" to IPL the reader and start over. I usually get past it on
the second or third try.

Not a great answer I know, but perhaps it will help.

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390