From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Post, Mark K
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:05 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Slackware S390 formatting dasd

If you CMS format and reserve them, the DIAG driver picks them up (or FBA if
you load that first), not the ECKD driver.  Leave off the reserve step, and
they'll get picked up by the ECKD driver.

The "detected" bit looks a lot to me like the insmod abend problem I
described earlier.  Spool your console and look through it carefully.  I'll
bet you find something in it.