Doesn't Linux have a file size limit of 2GB?
Lee

At 01:42 PM 2/21/2005, you wrote:
On Feb 21, 2005, at 2:24 PM, Tom Duerbusch wrote:

I'm in the mist of trying to test out the transfer of a large FTP.  The
server is Suse 9.0 and the client is Windows/XP.

I can FTP small stuff (a few MBs), but when I try to FTP a large 3 GB
file, I get:

in.ftpd: tar04.tar.Z: Value too large for defined data type

Both MAN and INFO don't shed any light on this restriction, or if it
can
be removed.  Is there an actual size restriction, or just a "suggested"
restriction?
FTP may use a signed 32-bit value for its byte count.

I'd use vsftpd and see if that helped.

Adam

Lee Stewart, Senior SE
Sirius Enterprise Systems Group