Hi to all.

We have finally installed our DB2 under SLES8 which is under z/VM 4.4
It works fairly good.

We have connected our DB2/SLES8 with a DB2/VM database and
have exported/imported tables from DB2/VM into DB2/SLES8 perfectly.

We have also achieved to access DB2/SLES8 from a CMS user by creating COMDIR
NAMES in TCPMAINT 592 and adding the PROTOCOL(AUTO) parameter in the SQLINIT
statement and we have also achieved to preprocess DBUs and ISQLs so that it
is possible to execute DBUs and to access the DB2/SLES8 database from a CMS
user.

Now the next step is the one which fails:
We are trying to run COBOL/VM applications (that have been generated
by VisualAge Generator)

It seems like certain sentences make programs crash due to "User Abend 4036"
without giving any further additional information but for very rare
exceptions. The only way to find out which the was the cause of the crash
has been to activate the trace for VAGen execution.

At first glance it seems like the problem is always related to flow control
statements inside programs (call, dxfr, load).

Any help will be welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Saludos,

Jose Raul Baron