From: Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Tom Duerbusch
Sent: Thu 3/10/2005 12:15 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SLES9 Install problems again

linux15:~ # ls -l /data/sles9root
total 1
drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root          224 Mar  9 14:41 .
drwxr-xr-x   12 suse9    users        1376 Mar  9 17:16 ..
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Mar  9 14:41 boot ->
sles9/CD1/boot
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 Mar  9 14:41 content ->
sles9/CD1/content
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           21 Mar  9 14:41 control.xml ->
sles9/CD1/control.xml
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root          168 Mar  9 13:39 core9
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 Mar  9 14:41 media.1 ->
sles9/CD1/media.1
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root           72 Mar  9 13:39 sles9
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          104 Mar  9 14:41 yast
linux15:~ #

Well, I'm using an FTP server because I needed to create an FTP server
for other uses.  This setup gave me a test bed prior to producing a
production one.

Perhaps, later next week, if this isn't fixed, I will try an NFS server.

But, so far, using a Linux/390 ftp server gave me the same results as
using Samba on my Win/2000 box, except for the much greater performance
the Linux/390 side has due to not having to go out on the wire.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting