From: Andrew N Wilt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 11:48 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: New Shark

I don't believe that you will need to do anything differently to make the
restore work on the new drives. As long as they are attached to the z/OS
system and varied online, we can restore to them.

Thanks,

 Andrew Wilt
 IBM DFSMSdss development
 Tucson, Arizona

Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 03/14/2005 12:22:00
PM:

> I am running Linux 64Bit SLES9  (2.6.5-7.145-s390x #1) in 2 LPARs (no
> VM) using a shared IFL
>
> Output of uname -a "Linux techlnux 2.6.5-7.145-s390x #1 SMP Thu Jan 27
> 09:19:29 UTC 2005 s390x s390x s390x GNU/Linux"
>
> We are installing a new Shark 800 as a replacement for an existing
> shark f20.  All of the original disk units were configured with unit
> address of 1xxx and the new Shark 800 is configured with unit address
> of 2xxx so
they
> can co-exist.  I have two 3390 mod 9 drives and 6 3390 mod 3 drives
> split between the two systems.  I use dfdss to do full backups and
> restores but with the different drive units what do I need to change
> to make the
restore
> work on the new units?
>
> Doug

> For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
> email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit