From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Boyes
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:07 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Presentations from March 15 Hillgang meeting available for do
wnload

-snip-
One question: how important is it that the site be hosted on a CMS-based WWW
server? If not at all (or it's not a question of resources on the hosting
machine), use of a Linux-based content management system running as a guest
might be an elegant solution.

At least Drupal is known to work nicely on mainframe Linux, and I'd be
willing to supply a drop-in appliance Linux system that could support such
an approach. From there, it's just content migration and some DNS hacking.
It also might be a good opportunity to mirror the site elsewhere in case of
connectivity problems (there are excellent tools for that in Linux that I
don't think work on the CMS WWW servers).