Dave,
    maybe that the linux guest  hasn't  cp class  B ..
   Check zVM directory of guest  at statement   :   USER guest_id   psw
128M   512M    G

HELP CP ATTACH
Authorization

Privilege Class: B

Cordiali saluti  / Best regards

        Marco

             Dave Myers
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: Linux on         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       CPINT Question

             18-03-05 06.37

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port

I installed CPINT from the SuSE SLES8 CD.

I am running at SLES8 + SP3

When I enter query commands like   #hcp q dasd
those work....

When I enter an ATTACH command it does not work.
I just get the prompt back.

Should HCP be capable of an ATTACH command like:
#hcp attach nnnn linuxguest nnnn

Thanks,
Dave