I can hear the responses already.. "Don't do it! are you nuts..." but here
goes anyway..

Has anyone done any in place upgrades from SLES7 and/or SLES8 to SLES9? If
so what were the major headaches...

We have one image in particular that will require alot of effort to
re-tweak if I have to rebuild and replace.. I was hoping that there may
have been some progress in that arena.. You know, go through the apps
upgrade them first, then do a nice clean OS swap ala z/OS..  I know it's
doable in intel linux I have seen gentoo installs which have basically
been continuously upgraded forever..

Any suggestions welcome.. meanwhile I will start building my new image :
)..

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy Warren