Has anyone had any experience with configuring a zebra (model 170XI, in
particular) barcode printer using lpr?  I've defined the printer using it's
IP address and remote queue name of portLF1 in /etc/printcap.   The
following status error:

error 'NONZERO RFC1179 ERROR CODE FROM SERVER' with ack 'ACK_STOP_Q'

makes me wonder if the printer has some authentication setting blocking my
connection.  At this point I am attempting to print a text file which
contains no ZPL encoding.