I "brought forward" an EXT3 filesystem from a SLES8 system to a SLES9
system.

The mount of this file system is failing at boot time, but after boot,
I can mount it with a mount command.

At boot time I get msgs indicating "can not find device"
and then  a return code of  "0x8".
The system then wants a CNTL-D and fsck...

I added this device to the SLES9 system using YAST.

Here is the FSTAB entry:
/dev/dasdc1          /usr/local/builds    ext3       defaults 1 2

I can also mount the filesystem with a "mount -a"

I do notice the following msgs on the console after the manual mount:
JBD: barrier-based sync failed on dasdc1 - disabling barriers
kjournald starting
EXT3 -fs mounted filesystem with ordered data mode

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave