How are you accessing DB2 from Linux? I've had to use either DB2 connect
running on linux to talk to DB2, or Neon SHadow Direct.

             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: Linux on
             390 Port                                                   To
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
             IST.EDU>                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/13/2005 11:14          Hipersockets and DB/2
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

After, I configured hipersockets for Linux; my DB/2 (under z/OS v1r4)
systems now fails refuses remote connections.  Here is the log from DB/2 on
the mainframe (running in an LPAR no VM).  Everything else works fine.  I
know that this is not a "Linux" question exactly, but I want hipersockets
and so it becomes my issue to resolve.  Does anyone have an idea where I
should look or where a more appropriate forum would be to ask this
question?

20.51.26 STC05183  DSNL512I  @ DSNLILNR TCP/IP  766
   766             GETHOSTBYADDR(192.168.1.68) FAILED WITH
   766                        RETURN CODE=1 AND REASON CODE=00000000
20.54.40 STC05183  DSNL512I  @ DSNLILNR TCP/IP  767
   767             GETHOSTBYADDR(192.168.1.68) FAILED WITH
   767                        RETURN CODE=1 AND REASON CODE=00000000
20.57.54 STC05183  DSNL512I  @ DSNLILNR TCP/IP  768

Thanks,

Doug