On Apr 14, 2005, at 11:08 AM, mainframe_s390 wrote:

Hi,all

I want to make Logical Volume using only 1 DASD.
The DASD type is 3390-27type.(about 32000cyls.)
I will make LV via YaST.
The 3390-27type DASD will have about 30LVs.

Can I make LVs as above?

If you're running VM, you can certainly divide your mod-27 up into a
whole lot of minidisks, and then use them as separate devices.  No
Linux-level LVM required.

If you're not, it might be possible to create a volume group with just
a single extent in it and then divide that into multiple logical
volumes, but I don't see what benefit you would gain from that.

Adam