Christoph,

I doubt that will work.  The whole idea of the depmod/modprobe commands is
to avoid having to do stuff like that.

From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Christoph Arenz
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:55 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Problems loading IBMtape into kernel

Josh,

chatting with some developer, I got the following information:

It looks like the Linux middle level scsi driver scsi_mod.o is not loaded.
zfcp may not loaded into the kernel, either.  Try the following:

> lsmod (check output, see if scsi_mod and zfcp are there)
>modprobe scsi_mod
>modprobe zfcp
>modprobe IBMtape

Can you let us know whether the mid scsi stack modules are loaded?
What is the result of the commands above?

Kind Regards
Christoph