On Apr 14, 2005, at 8:19 PM, Lizbeth Ortiz wrote:

No, i just installed it via apt (apt-get install
kernel-image-...) and modified zipl.conf adding
ramdisk=/initrd.img (and of course i've runned zipl)

Well, definitely run mkinitrd.  See if that helps.  Although I'm
running my 2.6 systems with no initrd, but then I also built the kernel
from source on them too, and made sure I didn't need an initrd.

Adam