mainframe_s390 wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I want to use raw device on SLES9 SP1
> kernel2.6.5-7.191-s390x.
> This kernel version is first supporting raw devices of
> SLES9.
> But I don't know how to define raw device.
> I will use 10 Logical Volumes of 1VG.
> These 10 LVs will be raw devices.
> Should I define LVM first, and next define raw devices?
> Please teach me.
Do not, repeat _not_, use raw devices for that.
Raw devices will overwrite the DASD disklabel if you are not careful,
rendering the device unuseable at the next ipl.

What are you trying to achieve anyway?

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SuSE Linux AG                           S390 & zSeries