By sure frustration, I'm starting to get somewhere..

I took Linux26 and put it in its own workgroup (workgroup=LinuxSamba).
It immediately came up in the Windows brower list.

So I took Linux23 and put it in the same workgroup.  Nope.  Not there.

Which means that my configuation files, have each Samba image fighting
to be king instead of them being served by the king.

But now, at least, I'm fighting within everything I have control over.
That's a good thing when you don't exactly know what you are doing.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting